Roozbeh Jafari is the Tim and Amy Leach Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and Electrical and Computer Engineering at Texas A&M University. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from UCLA and completed a postdoctoral fellowship at UC-Berkeley. His research interest lies in the area of wearable computer design and signal processing with an emphasis on digital and mobile health. He has raised more than $81M for research with $28M directed towards his lab. His research has been funded by the NSF, NIH, DoD (TATRC), AFRL, AFOSR, DARPA, DTRA, DIU, SRC and industry (Texas Instruments, Tektronix, Samsung & Telecom Italia). He has published over 180 papers in refereed journals and conferences. He has served as the general chair and technical program committee chair for several flagship conferences in the area of Wearable Computers. Dr. Jafari is the recipient of the NSF CAREER award (2012), IEEE Real-Time & Embedded Technology & Applications Symposium best paper award (2011), Andrew P. Sage best transactions paper award (2014), ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems best paper award (2019), and the outstanding engineering contribution award from the College of Engineering at Texas A&M (2019). He has been named Texas A&M Presidential Fellow (2019). He serves on the editorial board for the IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, IEEE Sensors Journal, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, IEEE Open Journal of Engineering in Medicine and Biology and ACM Transactions on Computing for Healthcare. He serves on scientific panels for funding agencies frequently, serves as a standing member of the NIH Biomedical Computing and Health Informatics (BCHI) study section (2017-2021), and as the chair of the NIH Clinical Informatics and Digital Health (CIDH) study section (2020). He has served as an expert witness on a number of interesting industry litigation cases.
- Post-Doc. Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Ph.D. Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- M.S. Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
See lab publication list.
- Roozbeh Jafari, Ph.D.
- Katerina Pinchuk, CRA (for financial matters, logistics and project execution)
- Special Project Support for Large Initiatives
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 979.458.9808
- Peiyun Wu, Ph.D. (for laboratory matters)
- Research Engineer and Lab Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 979.458.2560
- Amir Javan Khoshkholgh, Ph.D. (for general research execution matters)
- Research Scientist
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 979.458.2560
- Jennifer Jackson (for general contracts and grants matters)
- Contracts and Grants
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 979.847.6100